How to enable chat routing
With the help of this new tool, it will be possible to distribute chats evenly among operators and, as a result, better work with service requests from operators.
The function allows:
- Limit the maximum number of chats in an operator's work - so that dialogs that exceed the defined limit are transferred to free operators and the customer does not have to wait long for an answer;
- Distribute the dialogs according to the given conditions (subject of the resource, communication channel, time of day, etc.) so that the customer receives the necessary information in the appropriate department as soon as possible.
✔ Customer retention on the company website
✔ Increased service level
✔ Reduce response time
✔ Growth of the customers' company with the company's service (CSI and NPS indicators)
✔ Adjustments flexes for work scenarios in moments
✔ Reducing the number of missed hits
Each dialog can be sent to all operators at once or to a specific operator in a group.
In the Chat Routing session you can:
- establish limits for simultaneous dialogues in the operator's work;
- create options to check and distribute new conditions.
Log into your Jivo account -> click "Manage" -> Chat routing -> "Add the rule"
According to the conditions, determine the rules for delegating chats:
- Invite the least busy operator: By selecting this rule, the least busy operator (the one with the least active chats) will be invited to attend the customer's chat, that is, he will receive an invitation to answer the chat the moment the customer makes contact.
- Invite all operators: by activating this rule, all operators will also see the chat in their inbox and can accept or reject it.
- Delegate to less busy operator: in this option, the operator the chat will be delegated to the operator and he will not be able to reject the chat.
It is sometimes necessary for requests on a certain topic or from certain customers to be forwarded immediately to specific experts (eg if a personal manager is linked to a customer, technical support). For these cases, Jivo provides a way for this assignment to be automatic to the operator, without the possibility of rejecting the chat. The function is available for companies with 10 or more operators connected.
Automatic assignment streamlines the work of administrators and operators, and visitors are guaranteed to receive a response in no time.
Possible scenarios for using the auto-assign feature:
with an even distribution of chats in the group, immediately assign the dialogue to the operator with the least active chats (without the ability to reject);
for a certain customer segment, assign dialogs to a specific operator (without the ability to reject the chat).
Flexible fallback routing rule settings:
If a message from a customer meets the conditions of the main rule, but the operator that is delegated is not available (for example, was absent for a break), after 60 seconds the request will go to any operator that is delegated to the channel. There is a risk that a random operator may not be able to quickly and independently resolve a specific customer issue.
Now the fallback rule trigger time can be changed. Instead of the default 60 seconds, you can increase the timeout for the priority rule to run. This will reduce the probability that the client message will be distributed according to the fallback rule - that is, that it will reach all operators in the channel.
If within X seconds the chat is not accepted by the department or delegated operator, it will be shown to all active agents who can serve it.
Example of automatic assignment:
- Set a call limit per operator or department;
- Create a rule according to which requests will be processed;
- Define conditions (triggers);
- Select a communication channel;
- Add a certain action that will occur when the triggers are fired;
- Select a distribution strategy from the available options: INVITE OPERATOR TO CHAT or ASSIGN CHAT TO OPERATOR;
- Determine the priority of application of the rule;
- Activate the rule.
Calls that meet the specified conditions will now be assigned specifically to the currently assigned or least loaded operator.
Chat routing is available on Jivo's Enterprise plan, please contact your personal manager if you are already using the enterprise version or contact us via chat if you want to connect you.